Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I spent the morning at Carolina Motorsports Park in Kershaw, NC watching all types of cars on the road course there. After lunch they let anyone hit the track for 4 laps behind a pace car. And yes it was still challenging. It was free, fun, and got me interested in trying it out on a consistent basis. Everyone I talked to was friendly no matter what they were driving. Might be an opportunity for a cruise/meet? The buddy who went with me tells me there are several tracks around that offer the same kind of experience.

You drag racers might find that turning the steering wheel can be fun too :lol:

·
Registered
364 Posts
vmax said:
Hello all, I spent the morning at Carolina Motorsports Park in Kershaw, NC watching all types of cars on the road course there. After lunch they let anyone hit the track for 4 laps behind a pace car. And yes it was still challenging. It was free, fun, and got me interested in trying it out on a consistent basis. Everyone I talked to was friendly no matter what they were driving. Might be an opportunity for a cruise/meet? The buddy who went with me tells me there are several tracks around that offer the same kind of experience.

You drag racers might find that turning the steering wheel can be fun too :lol:
Sounds like it was a driver's education event. Though I haven't driven at CMP, I did go there and watched an SCCA race back in 02 when I was trying to decide whether I wanted to go racing. Looked like a very fun track.

For those in the SE interested in driver's education events, this site is great:
http://www.trackschedule.com/sched.html
:cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.