Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i went to the track tonight and needless to say my best run was only 13.61 @102mph i was expecting around that time but was hoping for a lil bit lower 13 but for an a4 i guess it is pretty good oh ya i have a question for u technical guys in here i was talking to some people at the track and they told me that if i put headers on my car that it will not void my warrenty is this true

·
Registered
937 Posts
05ls2gto said:
well i went to the track tonight and needless to say my best run was only 13.61 @102mph i was expecting around that time but was hoping for a lil bit lower 13 but for an a4 i guess it is pretty good oh ya i have a question for u technical guys in here i was talking to some people at the track and they told me that if i put headers on my car that it will not void my warrenty is this true
No way that exhaust mods would void your warranty (except for your exhaust, obviously). If they give you static about a repair the LAW states that it is the dealers burden to prove that your modification caused whatever problem you are having. :cheers

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that is kinda what i was thinkin but i just thought i would check and if i tune my car they could use that against me for my warrenty if i have any probs right

·
Registered
170 Posts
Warrany is up to the dealer that is performing the service on your vehicle.
You wouldn't believe what I have had covered under warranty, and what mods were under the hood!
It helps to get to know your dealership and take care of the guys that take care of your car! :D

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
GOTPWR said:
Warrany is up to the dealer that is performing the service on your vehicle.
You wouldn't believe what I have had covered under warranty, and what mods were under the hood!
It helps to get to know your dealership and take care of the guys that take care of your car! :D
u got that right :cheers i had my goat for bout a week when i kind of jump a curb :willy: my rear fasia came off :eek: lucky i went back and it was still there. neway. one service person said call ur insurance and take out a claim. i said or did :eek: my sales person said "we will find some way to take care of it you dont worrie about it we make it our problem" :party: i will never jump a curb again

·
Registered
937 Posts
05ls2gto said:
that is kinda what i was thinkin but i just thought i would check and if i tune my car they could use that against me for my warrenty if i have any probs right
If you tune your car you better have a way of putting the stock settings back into the PCM before a trip to the dealer or they will void your powertrain warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.