Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the 1/4 track and my GTO (auto) ran a best of 13.79 at 100.29. It ran three 13.80's at 100.14. It sure was fun whipping up on the Mustangs and Camaros. The only race I lost was to a 04 GTO 6 speed. I had him out of the hole but he caught me on the top end.

Now it is time for some mods.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, it was all the 04 and back styles. They seemed really slow. On Friday nights the track leaves the time board shut off and just gives you a win light, so there was no way to see what times they actually ran.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yea well I was at the Orlando speed way drag strip last weekend, these boys here got the cobras runnen 11.50's on street tires with just a few cheap mods. The GT's are slow as **** unless its super chardged. We need to find a way to pull some cheap hose power out a these gto's too, hmm nitris maybey?

·
Registered
31 Posts
SledgeHammer said:
Just got back from the 1/4 track and my GTO (auto) ran a best of 13.79 at 100.29. It ran three 13.80's at 100.14. It sure was fun whipping up on the Mustangs and Camaros. The only race I lost was to a 04 GTO 6 speed. I had him out of the hole but he caught me on the top end.

Now it is time for some mods.
Nice times, but I guess there were no LS1 Camaros there, because I ran 13.02 @ 108 BONE stock. Then 12.95 with just a lid and filter.
I am not talking crap about the GTO it is AWESOME, the Camaros are just lighter and have a solid rear end.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts