Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My M6 '05 GTO (67k) has done a few strange things recently. Once, I revved it up in neutral (to about 3.5K), and the traction control warning came on for a second. Whats up with that? It has never done this before...
Then, today, when I was accelerating away from a stop sign in 1st, there was a slippage (From clutch???) and the traction warning came on again. THe "Loss of traction" only comes on for a second, and the car drives completely fine with the exception of a slight clunk in 3rd. And it was not a launch, but a very controlled, "normal" start from a stop. Was not attempting anything "sporty". It was not the tires slipping either. It was something in the drivetrain.:eek:

Recently done: One piece aluminum driveshaft from DSS. Related??

Throws no codes, drives completely normal aside from a slight buzz in exhaust. Only mods are K&N drop in, SLP exhaust, and the driveshaft. I think it might be the factory clutch as well.

Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
29 Posts
one piece driveshaft

I recently have replaced the factory driveshaft with a one piece aluminum, and it seems the rigidity of the aluminum has an effect on the traction control system sometimes. My Goat has a very heavy clutch, so often on accident, i'll dump it too quickly causing a shock to the rear end, and when that happens, I get a little wiggle. This causes my traction control to kick in when i'm WOT. I don't typically notice in first or second, because most of the time Its spinning the tires if I'm WOT, but when I short shift to third and it starts to wiggle, the traction control will not kick out until I let up. I also notice the problem if i'm cruising at a consistent speed and I jump on it real hard. Seems to give me that wiggle and kicks the traction control In.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts