Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i have a 06 a4 with about 500miles so im now kinda testing it out somewat. And ive noticed that i can spin the tires really easy even with the traction control. Must be the ls2? sorry im not used to drivin a monster of a engine i was used to a 5.3 lifted silverado. Just thought traction control would be more aggrisive. Dont get me wrong it still saves me from just sitting there like i do if i turn it off and floor it. I love this car best car ive drivin by far.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
My M6 let me spin a pretty good bit. If you did something stupid it cut in, but only then. I actually tested at the strip and found the car was only slightly faster with TC off. I ran 3 runs with TC on and 3 with TC off. I alternated runs to even out the effects of changing enviroment. The fastest run was with TC on, but the 2 slowest were also with TC on.

That's exactly how you want it, it only cuts in to save your butt.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Hehe- with the blower on my car, even if I leave the traction control on, it boils the tires. Then the traction control freaks out and displays "traction off" (or whatever it says) as if to say "screw this, I give up!" lol. It will not let you turn it on or off again until you shut the car off and restart it. Pretty funny actually. I heard it is pretty common on blown GTO's.
Joe

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine diffently spins more then a chirp with tc on. But it does chirp 2nd with the tc on and its an A4. Never seen an auto chirp a gear. But it does sure save my ass sometimes turning at higher speeds then giving it WOT. Ive noticed with T/C off and i floor it i dont move more then a foot, might move sideways but not forward. This car is awsome.

Dennis

·
Registered
83 Posts
My 06 A4 spins the tires just fine with T/C on (1200 miles now). I dont worry about it, it is fairly controllable spin. Without T/C it spins a whole lot more completely. Sounds about right...

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've noticed that the TC isn't very active on the GTO. It only kicks in if you're really spinning the tires. But that's b/c it's a sports car. I prefer not to have an over-active TC that turns on for every little thing.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I make a right turn off a 55 mph road into my subdivision at least twice a day. Declerating to take the turn in a fun manner, no tire squealing but fast, the traction control is definately kicked in as I try to come out of the turn and run it hard back up to 45. Like the TC has something that senses too many lateral g's and won't let the gas come on til a second or so after I'm no longer pushed up against the edge of the seat. Its too intrusive here.

Yet I've almost spun the car at 10 mph cruzing around a turn wet parking lot. It truely came out of nowhere, but a quick counter steer and it was all good. It was like driving on ice, and the TC did nothing.

You can also, when its wet, spin the tires at will in first or second, from a moving start. The TC seems to do little in a straight line when traction is limited.

·
Registered
2 Posts
check your tire pressure. mine would spin then alot when i first got it. then i check the tire pressure it wase like 40 +. SO i put the pressure at 25, then it only chirped them, untill i later when i got a tune :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.