Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK this question concerns T/C, When you turn it off does it give you some added power?? I watched a video where this vette was getting beat (3 times) then he turned T/C off and spanked the guy?? I dont understand this.

G

·
when turning it on or off, it determines how much the computer "backs off" the power should you be spinning. It does not "give" you power just takes some away should you lose traction.

·
Registered
214 Posts
djray77 said:
OK this question concerns T/C, When you turn it off does it give you some added power?? I watched a video where this vette was getting beat (3 times) then he turned T/C off and spanked the guy?? I dont understand this.
Have you ever launched your car with T/C on? Bogs down after minimal tire spin. My first 1/4 was w/ T/C on (had it off, but turned my car off in the staging lanes and forgot to turn it off when I restarted the car) and I ran 14.02 @ 102. Ended the day with a 13.3 @ 107. That is a huge difference almost entirely because of the electronic buzzkill known as Traction Control.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AHHH thanks, that makes sense now.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
one other thing, when traction is on does that cause the wheelhop thingy :)?
I havent really got on it as my cars still pretty new just over 1k miles, but I did notice a little hop when I got on it a little harder then normal.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
djray77 said:
one other thing, when traction is on does that cause the wheelhop thingy :)?
I don't know why, but these cars have HORRABLE WHEEL HOP on a track launch.(I guess it's the indipendent rear end) I don't even race mine anymore because of this. I wonder if an air bag or air shocks might help. :confused

G

·
I have learned the cause of wheelhop is the soft rubber bushings that hold your entire rear end assembly to the body of the car. Replace those and its GREATLY reduced.

but no, traction control has nothing to do with it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
big_mike said:
I have learned the cause of wheelhop is the soft rubber bushings that hold your entire rear end assembly to the body of the car. Replace those and its GREATLY reduced.

but no, traction control has nothing to do with it.
Mike is right and the drive shaft is a culprit too. It's a two piece design that is only 2 inches in diameter and uses crappy rubber mounts instead of u-joints. Not only do the rubber mounts contribute to wheelhop, they are notorious for failing on even slightly modified 6 speed cars. I am putting on a 3'' chromoly driveshaft with billet yokes when I put on exhaust this winter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.