Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From another thread:

the latest contact from my dealer was to ask me if i wanted to trade in my 2004 GTO. my reply was a would trade even for a 2006. the phone went quiet and then they hung up. i guess this is Pontiacs way of getting the problems( tires) off the street.
Anybody else get one of these?--

Just got a letter today talking about a "special trade in program", and my local dealer was one of the few authorized spots, and they would give more trade in money than usual due to a "high demand for your specific model". Could be a real deal, or it could be them trying to get rid of the 04 GTOs. If it is because of the strut rub, I don't think my dealer is involved. If they are, then they didn't talk to my service rep, as he is very aware of my Pedders Street II and my after market wheels.

While it would be a HUGE PITA, this might be a good time to upgrade to a used 05 manual (the auto just doesn't do it for me some days). The only thing is, I would have to dig out my pedders stuff (less than 5k on the Street II package), sacrificing the bushings. Also, I would have to take out my entire custom stereo and hook all the factory trash back up. But if it didn't increase my payments... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
249 Posts
At one point I would have really considered that offer

·
Registered
232 Posts
:agree
Since your car is 3 years old, they figure it's time to trade it in for a new car. Maybe many are on 3 year leases?

·
Registered
142 Posts
This is a very common marketing approach, they try to real you in on "special trade in prices", don't fall for it.

·
Registered
317 Posts
This is a very common marketing approach, they try to real you in on "special trade in prices", don't fall for it.
The only special thing about their prices will be you sitting in the short bus after having a meltdown and becoming mentally retarded when you realize what you just did.

I must admit though, that I would trade for a killer deal on a C6. Other than that, remember that even sitting in the back of the shortie won't make you cool again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts