Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work at a Pontiac dealer. I've seen 2 used Goats hit our lot in the last year, and one of those was a trade in for a newer GTO. I see our invintory of used Mudstangs is always growing. (5 on the lot as of now) There like the neighbor that comes over to the BBQ with his kids. Then 2 more of his kids show up. Then 3 of there friends, then 3 more.:willy:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yes but the CR review on the GTO was last done in August of '04. They didn't even take the time to update their review on anything except the 400 hp rating. As a life-long Consumer Report subscriber, you must read between the lines on ANY and ALL CR reviews of Domestice Brands. In my opinion, they have an awful bias for domestics. If they don't say anything really bad about a domestic, then the car is really good.

·
Registered
455 Posts
GTOtbird said:
As a life-long Consumer Report subscriber, you must read between the lines on ANY and ALL CR reviews of Domestice Brands. In my opinion, they have an awful bias for domestics. If they don't say anything really bad about a domestic, then the car is really good.
I'll second what you said--CR does seem to have an anti-domestic bias oftentimes.

The # of Mustangs being traded in is hard to judge.. more Mustangs being traded in, but more Mustangs are sold in the first place, so it would make sense that more were traded in (if we were to assume that a fairly steady percentage of cars are traded in regardless of model). That said, the Mustang's buying demographic is a bit different than the GTO. * The GTO seems to be bought by slightly older, generally more financially stable people. Whereas one end of the Mustang gets boosted up by high school/college age people, usually males, who buy one but then later figure they have to have something else, or they cannot afford it any more, etc.

*This is just based on personal observation, and does not represent any actual study done, so take as you will.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.