Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a fine machine, but I was tired of Turbo Lag, alignment mayhem, and having my kidneys in my mouth over every little crack in the pavement.

Had 15 cars and this is my first GM Product. The new GTO rocks. Making the 05>05 trade was the best money I've ever thrown away. The LS2, the super interior, the great ride with balance of handleing and comfort. Its a Cyclone Grey M6. Just the music when I turn the key gives me a wet spot :willy: . I'm sure I'll miss all wheel drive in the wet and white stuff, but my goats a weekender anyway.

It only has like 400 miles on it and I know I'll be happier with this than the boy-racer Subaru.

Me in the GTO > :party:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Congrats on a wise choice! :party:

Hey, it has traction control.....I hope this helps with snow (as I've only owned mine since our last snow)! BTW, does the traction control really help make an otherwise undriveable car useful in the snow?

·
Registered
109 Posts
The traction control is a double edged sword. It's great for controlling light wheel spin, but will suck all of the power out of the car if you are climbing a hill. During winter last year, I actually disabled it a couple times. For example, there is a long road coming up through the neighboring sub division that has a gentle slope. At one point, the system actually came on where I lost all momentum going up the hill and couldn't move. I had to turn it off and let the tires spin a little to keep it going. Compared to my Mazdaspeed, which was FWD, this car does plenty well with the all season tires in the snow. Plus at 3800 lbs, the weight has a lot of benefits and the gas tank sits right about the rear tires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.