Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im back with another kill story, yesterday morning on my way home from work i killed one of your ls2 brethern. A guy i work with has an awd ss trailblazer hes always talking smack so we lined up from 30 up hes got the jump but it didnt take much to reel him in and finish him off, then we went from 65 up and the result was the same. fun runs though and it shut him up!! Very impressive for a 4600 pound SUV sounds sexy too.

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
Hey guys im back with another kill story, yesterday morning on my way home from work i killed one of your ls2 brethern. A guy i work with has an awd ss trailblazer hes always talking smack so we lined up from 30 up hes got the jump but it didnt take much to reel him in and finish him off, then we went from 65 up and the result was the same. fun runs though and it shut him up!! Very impressive for a 4600 pound SUV sounds sexy too.
Why not any races from a stop?

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
There's no doubt in my mind I could beat the hell out of a guy in a wheel chair even if he talked smack to me and challenged me. And if I did take his challenge and beat him I wouldn't post it. I think you know where I am going with this. GTO owners on this forum in the past who bragged about notching inferior foes and have gotten lambasted for flexing their testosterone to an over matched victim even those who wanted their a$$ handed to themselves.

·
Registered
461 Posts
You sound like a Chevy hater. How many times have you been beatin by something with a chevy engine. Id like to see one of those now ;)

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
My guess is, like was previously mentioned, if you had the balls to run the guy from a dig he'd crush you to a 100.

Nice run though.

Shame you don't live close enough to me, I'd educate you as to what an LS1 F-Body with similar mods to your Mach would do to it.

:seeya:

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Sh*t honstly if he was close to me i would spank the f*** out of him.

Remember how you said a that you will beat a LS2 well i got a LS1 and im positive i would leave you all sh*t faced. There no way in hell you could of beat a LS2.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Seriously, in a previous post you "killed" a LS2 GTO.
Stock LS2 Gto's run the 1/4 mile in 13.0 seconds. Stock LS2 trail blazers run the 1/4 mile in 14.3 seconds if he "got the jump" from a 30mph roll (awd or not) in a 4552lb truck and you had to reel him in with your 3465 lb car. I doubt you would hang with a ls2 GTO because the performance of the ss trailblazer isnt even close to a GTO.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Sh*t honstly if he was close to me i would spank the f*** out of him.

Remember how you said a that you will beat a LS2 well i got a LS1 and im positive i would leave you all sh*t faced. There no way in hell you could of beat a LS2.
Are you modded or stock? I'd think an LS1 Goat and a Mach would be a pretty good matchup. in the 1/4.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Pontiac Enthusist did a artical on the 04 GTO vs Mach1 I beleave the results were the same.
I didn't see that article. Sinse I own neither car I'm strictly bench racing but I did find a few articles on the Mach1 & the LS1 goat. The cars appear to have similar 1/4 ETs & trap speeds. I would think the mach would have the advantage out of the hole with it's live axle and 3.55 gears. I would also expect the Goat to have the advantage on the big end of the track due to it's superior horse power. My personal track experience would have these cars as a very good match up with similar times. It'll probably come down to the driver. Sinse the OP doesn't lose to GMs, he has this race in the bag.:lol:

2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 - Engine & Performance - Road Test Review - Motor Trend

MACH1 runs 12.97 - StangNet.com

2004 Pontiac GTO - Road Test/American Performance/High Performance/Hot Lists/Reviews/Car and Driver - Car And Driver

2004 Pontiac GTO - Interior & Engine - First Drive & Road Test Review - Motor Trend

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow you are some hating mofo's. (a few exceptions). if your cars are SOSOSO much better than then lets see some timeslips of bolt on ls2's corrected to 7200 DA and compare???? I didnt post this to rub in that i beat a tb ss, i was posting a KILL story in your KILL section. and for your information I have lost to a FULL bolt on ls1 z28, 2 out of 3 runs he won. and i have beat an ls1 ss 3 of 3 races, and a ls2 gto from a roll, so dont give me this ls1 is god ****. i highly respect lsx cars and know what they are capable but they are not the almighty either. mach is a low 13 sec stock as is a ls2 gto but u seem to think the ls2 is miles ahead but why do they run close to the same 1/4???? hows that work??? lets see some slips!!!!

Im not trying to start trouble but i dont appreciate getting flamed after posting a kill.

Btw the reason we didnt go from a dig was the fact it was 15 degrees an there was no way in hell i would hook up on cold pavement.

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
Btw the reason we didnt go from a dig was the fact it was 15 degrees an there was no way in hell i would hook up on cold pavement.
Sooooo... what you're saying is you only wanted the races that would benefit you then huh? Don't reply back and go off on me because to me that is exactly what your above statement is telling me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol not only races that would benifit me. we agreeed when it warms up we will go from a dig. and im not gonna go off on you your one of the good ones on here who are not narrow minded thank you.

I would love someone in wyoming with a gto to get ahold of me and lets go!!!! seriously find a wyo goat and lets run and end this!!!!!!

·
Registered
282 Posts
lol not only races that would benifit me. we agreeed when it warms up we will go from a dig. and im not gonna go off on you your one of the good ones on here who are not narrow minded thank you.

I would love someone in wyoming with a gto to get ahold of me and lets go!!!! seriously find a wyo goat and lets run and end this!!!!!!
Do you feel like you have something to prove?

·
Registered
461 Posts

So the fact that the LS1 GTO and the Mach 1 were tested and came out nearly identical means nothing? We all know the LS2 is half a second quicker than the LS1. .5 seconds at 100+mph equals roughly 5 car lengths AND the distance is growing after the quarter...Stock for stock you are 5 Stang's behind LS2's and losing ground. Seems to me that you are fighting to get your car respect because you think it deserves more credit than its getting but either way, stock for stock or mod for mod, you are measurably slower...and posting your "kill" stories isn't changing that. I'm not closed minded but I'm not a fan of people trying to hype up a slower car. If it weren't for the sheer number of douche's driving stangs right now, I might even own one.

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts

The reason I have been giving you the benefit of the doubt is because I know what the Mach 1s are capable of and it is one of the few Mustangs that I like. Plus I'm sure you knew that you would have some resistance here being that this is a GTO forum and you drive a car that has been driven by a lot of clowns that think that the Mustang is invinsible. Trust me, there are some GTO owners out there who feel the same way about GTOs but normally that comes from the guys who are possibly driving the best and most powerful car that they've ever owned. I can't say that their attitudes are related to youth because we had a lot of young GTO owners who are pretty humble about their car's performance. And, "No", I'm not in the "young" category. I'm in the "Over the Hill Gang" category".

Anyway, if you want to challenge someone for a friendly race, begin a thread here Mountain - Prairie - Pontiac GTO Forum and see what happens. Just be safe and don't your loss to personal. :D Just kidding! Have fun if it happens.

If you think that some of the guys are harsh on this forum, go here Rocky Mountain - LS1GTO.com Forums and ask one of these members to race you. Prepare to get half of your butt removed within the first few posts. ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts