Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How well do they run? I feel like my GTO will go early 13's and I had one ripp me a new one out of the gate!! The truck act like it was on nos or some thing. Didn't seem that loud (exhaust note). From a 30mph roll it still when out on me not as bad but put 2 car in between us too 110.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Are you a M6 or A4? The Trailblazer SS is AWD, LS2 V8 with the same A4 tranny in the GTO. 0-60 times are around 5.8 secs, 1/4mile in 14.4.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
s2gordon said:
Are you a M6 or A4? The Trailblazer SS is AWD, LS2 V8 with the same A4 tranny in the GTO. 0-60 times are around 5.8 secs, 1/4mile in 14.4.
M6 Thats what I'm saying 14.40's no way my car felt like it was pulling it's butt off with being stock and all but what gives!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Chances are that it is modded some way. The Trailblazer SS's version of the LS2 is down 10hp from our version. Add to that a lot more weight and AWD and you are looking at a considerable disadvantage stock to stock. He has to have some go-fast parts.

·
Registered
176 Posts
SS's with our tune so far have run 13.3 (2WD) and 13.4-13.5 (AWD).

·
Registered
176 Posts
Nah more like .5-.6 and added 3-5mph. So far mag's cant drive we've had a bunch of guys run 13.8-13.9 stock.

·
Registered
15 Posts
FYI...the SS will get only about 1/2 the milage of the GTO. Road in a fully equipped AWD just after being backed off the truck (still with plastic everywhere). Would be a great ride for my wife except for the gas milage (same with the Jeep SRT...WOW). But, gas prices as they are...and will be?

·
Registered
176 Posts
No complaints here, 14-15 in the city and 18-20 on the highway. Not bad for a 4875 lbs SUV ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I called the guy at work late last night a he said he had a tune air filter and a Yank 3600 stall. He said his TBSS has been 13.38 in crappy conditions and say the SS will go 12's now. From the way it ran that night I'd agree.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I drove a SS Trailblazer and it is not as fast as my 04 Goat. I was thinking about buying one but was very disappointed with the interior. If there is one that is turning in the 13's it is not stock.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Uh.. well hate to tell ya, MANY SS's have already run high 13's box stock. With our TUNE alone they run low to mid's ALL day long.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
GTPprix said:
Uh.. well hate to tell ya, MANY SS's have already run high 13's box stock. With our TUNE alone they run low to mid's ALL day long.
That's funny, it's going to suprise a lot of people...... I wonder how the Cherokee SRT8 will do?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Havent seen one at the strip yet, supposedly faster but two of us have beaten them already. Although one of our guys did get his ass handed to him by one lol (we think he was spraying hehe)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
GTPprix said:
Hahhaah YOUR the guy Mike was talking about ROFL!!
Are you Chris from Vector? He said nothing but great things about you!
I need to get up with you so I can beat him:lol:

I think he'd get me by a few cars now. Really strong running truck!

Chris

1 - 20 of 48 Posts