Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to run a question by anyone with the manual transmission. Im switching all my fluids to amsoil and just wanted some input from people who have used an amsoil lubricant in their tranny. I know the Goats want ATF but amsoil advertises two different fluids for the manual and automatic transmissions in the GTOs.

What's the best ATF product to put in the manual trans?

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
I would use their ATF fluid, since that's technically the OEM spec. The other fluid they advertise I believe is intended for extreme service, like high temps, which a manual trans isn't subject to nearly as much as a slushbox.

I put some of AMSoil's ATF in my Grand Am @ 80,000 miles. I got 1 more MPG highway average, and I no longer have the hard shifting problems (in a manual) in the extreme cold like I used to.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome! I know what i'm ordering then...good to know too cause the other stuff is more expensive. Would you recommend changing the fluid via the back up switch or the fill plug? The manual says to use the back up switch but i wasn't sure if that requires a hand or drill pump. Any suggestions as far as getting new fluid in?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts