Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i installed the skip shift eleminator under the passenger side instead of the driver side and i know it is in the wring place i knew so because skip shift still kicks in so my questoin is i cant use a lift nor do i have a jack and jack stands untill monday so is it safe driving it with the skip shift eliminator pluged into the switch on the opposite side?? does any one know what that switch is for?? i just dove for 10 miles and parked it in my garage and can smell something burning is it normal??? .... btw i just purchased the car and the only reason it is intalled in the wrong side of the tranny in because of the cheap instructions and cheap part im ordering an slp one right now

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I'd just remove it and put it on the correct side (as shown in your other thread) and see what happens. I'm sure it will work regardless of the brand if it's correctly installed. I don't know how you can smell something burning and ask if that is normal. It's not. Do a little reaearch before you start installing things. The consequences of not doing research can be costly.....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok so this means the burning smell could be the breaks any one else smell breaks?? and im not some dumb backyard grease monkey i am 3 months shy of being ase certified and as most people will say that means nothing .... i instaled it wrong because the insturctions was wrong and the parts i got were wrong

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Not trying to pass judgement on your skills at all. Just going with what you said. When did you know the instructions and parts were wrong? Before you installed them? You stated in the other thread that it (the skip shift) was for a different car and you plugged it into the wrong switch.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yessir it had instructions and the plug was round and it was suposed to be sqare so i am asuming it was made for a diferent model 6 speed gm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts