Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
RIP (12/27/60-7/18/15)
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 3sp 67 GoatTranny I discovered what looks like a vaccuum line connection , slightly behind and above the trans to radiator lines.
Any ideas?
(these dam vac lines are giving me a headache)
appreciate the help:cheers

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
On my 3sp 67 GoatTranny I discovered what looks like a vaccuum line connection , slightly behind and above the trans to radiator lines.
Any ideas?
(these dam vac lines are giving me a headache)
appreciate the help:cheers
Your auto trans WILL have one (and exactly one) vacuum connection, for the vacuum modulator, but what's showing in the photo is just a vent tube. Nothing connects to it.

Bear

·
Registered
686 Posts
That tube is for when your towing a 66 GTO up hill at 80 miles an hour on a 400 mile trip. That your half way through and the tranny gets hot and pukes out 4 quarts all over the Hiway.

You look in your rear view mirror to see a James Bond smoke screen. Then you pull off to see what it is and discover that it is tranny fluid from your 6 month old tranny. So you limp to the next exit and drive for 30 mins looking for a parts store to get fluid. Then you call your uncle to meet you on the west side of Indianapolis to swap the GTO to his Tahoe and then drive to Dayton at 80 miles an hour with no trouble at all and pissed the whole way.

In a nut shell.

Oh well... my bleeding tow vehicle was a 88 G20 conversion van and the GTO was body shell and frame. Damn Van.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts