Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I changed all my fluids over the weekend including the transmission. well here is my problem I get up to about 60 mph and I hammer it and it hits the rev limiter and I have to let off for it to shift not sure what the problem is ..... o ya its a 2004 A4

p.s. have not been on in a while

·
Registered
118 Posts
your tranny is shot, most likely the clutch packs in there, mine has gone out four times, first three times they rebuilt it and it just goes again, buy a factory rebuilt one from gm with a warranty. im on that one and it is having less problems, going to have it replaced again though because it just did what your talking about briefly again last week. i ****ing hate these tranny's dude, there ****. sorry about the cussing but i cant believe these dumbasses havent recalled these trannys or the stupid differentials

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Did it do it before or after the fluid change? The A4 tranny have servos that contol gear shifts. They maybe just dirty or sticking. Also there is a TCM that control those servos too, have the car checked by someone that can run a diagnostic on the tranny before anything else.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its doing it after i changed the fluid. the car shifts fine but when you put your foot into it it dosnt seem to want to down shift ..... today it seem like the transmission was slipping so.....idk i have no clue what is going on

the fluid i used also was valvoline dexron 6

·
Former Super Moderator
9,919 Posts
Did it do it before or after the fluid change? The A4 tranny have servos that contol gear shifts. They maybe just dirty or sticking. Also there is a TCM that control those servos too, have the car checked by someone that can run a diagnostic on the tranny before anything else.
:agree

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just brought it into the local pontiac dealer that we have been going through for about 30 years, so i trust them..... see what happens

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Hopefully its nothing too serious. You may just need to take her out and stretch her legs, give her a good shake down.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
found out the filter was laying in the pan gusse i didnt use enough force putting it in.......:confused::)lol::rofl::seeya::willy:

·
Registered
118 Posts
haha im so glad i was wrong, that woulda sucked if it was blown, my tranny did the same thing, except i didnt do the job myself ahah.

·
Registered
81 Posts
thats what happened to my old cavallier. except it wouldnt shift into 3rd for like 2 minutes lol. i used to beat on the car though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts