Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just install Tremec 5 speed TKX . Having issues with reinstalling console. The shifter
hits the front of console. Looks like l have to move console 1 inch forward and doing some
Cutting on console and using a different boot.
Anybody have ideas so l don't have to start fabricate to make this work. I know 5 speeds
Have been install with colsoles.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just wondering what year goat you have? I'm thinking of getting the same transmission but don't want to start cutting up a console for the sake of it. I've heard that they are better at installing without much moderation to the tunnel????

·
Registered
1967 Lemans 1967 GTO parts car
254 Posts
I was wondering why I didnt see this post. Then I saw it was in the parts wanted. If your still having issues. Do you have any pictures?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was having a problem with my console, I had to readjust my my offset and solve the problem. I have a 67 gto.
Bottom line these are what minor mods I had to do.
Notch the existing factory cross member and redrill a couple mount holes, minor cutting of tunnel.
the main issue is with the console shifter bezel you will have to cut out the the interior so shifter will not hit interior of bezel, I went differerent route, I will post pictures later busy today.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are pictures of installation of TKX. In the 5th picture you can see I cut the bezel interior this will work and if can find a rubber boot to mount to tunnel. I decided to put thread inserts in console have a boot plate of aluminium
made and polish. Right now having a boot made I will post a picture when install.If you have question feel free to pm me or post

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts