Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I'm waiting for a Midnight Blue to come in, two dealers have tried to sell me a 04 GTO. Even though they know I want an 05. Thats strange enough, but the kicker is that they both want $28500.00. From what I've seen on this forum, isn't that alittle steep?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Very steep. I had a dealer offer me an 04 for $24,200 and another in southern Illinois offer one off his lot for $22,400. I've seen on this forum that if you apply your GM card discounts you can get below $20,000 for a brand new GTO. That said... I went to buy an 04 for the above price and ended up driving away in an 05 for quite a bit more. After driving both I thought the 05 was worth it. I could have had an 04 with a supercharger added for less money but I took the 05 and love it. Great car. I'd say drive both. The 04 is a wonderful car as it sits, very cheap, with tons of potential. The 05 is a step up with gobs of power and a great sound at a stepped up price. I personally like the looks of the 04 better. At a future date I just may buy an 04 hood for my 05 and store the 05 hood for future use. Who knows. For me, the 04 was great and the 05 was even greater.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
blue05 said:
Back in October I almost got an 04, I would have paid only 26.5, so that price does seem excesive, so instead I bought the 05 GT, traded it in last night for an 05 goat, it is a much better car.
Here newgoat. Come on boy. Where you at???? :D

Welcome and congrats on the right choice. I was enticed by the mustangs looks but the GTO drives soooooo much better.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
newgoat is under racing and he constantly talks about how much better the Stang's are compared to our car. Some people have said he is a Mustang owner, but I tend to think he just has buyer remorse, or is just seeing something different that he should have considered before his GTO purchase.
A friend has a modded up Stang that keeps beating him.
Sorry about the confusion.

·
Registered
36 Posts
fergyflyer said:
newgoat is under racing and he constantly talks about how much better the Stang's are compared to our car. Some people have said he is a Mustang owner, but I tend to think he just has buyer remorse, or is just seeing something different that he should have considered before his GTO purchase.
A friend has a modded up Stang that keeps beating him.
Sorry about the confusion.
Of course a modded mustang keeps beating him, wait till I put a few on the 05, then we will see.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.