Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i had to take alittle trip south to Raleigh, NC yesterday. Well all the way down 95 crusing at 70mph it was nice getting 25mph when fuel is over $3 now. :shutme Anyway i turn on to RT40 toward Raleigh and not even 2 min on there one of the new SS Camaros come up beside me. we went from a 75 pull i was in 3rd gear. we hit it and can someone explain to me y i was pulling on him. it was a slow pull but by 110 i was 3/4 in front of him. ( i thought i was going to get pulled on to be honest) Then going home i took RT85 out of Raleigh to 95 and i came accross one of those subraru STIs the new hatchback ones.he had to be stock i couldnt hear exhaust or anything. but i took him down like we do mustangs lol. and then i hit RT301 back toward home and MIR was letting out and there was cars everywere i ended up at a light with some small mercades cammed like i dunno what idea the car was screaming lol i was like yeah right he is going to make my car look like a civic lol. which of course he did lol but i will run anything. come to find out he front windsheild said 10.25 :( lol

Well have a great day! :cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
sounds like a nice day, but I am surprised that the camaro didnt gain on you just a little bit but oh well lol, ever since I bought my Goat 4 months ago no ones tried to race me but a celica and a scion haha, I decided not to cause 1. I'd be wasting gas 2. i already know its not gonna be close lol

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
The new Camaro SS seems to be a drivers race with the LS2 goats.

STi's are so much fun from a roll, we just eat them up. My buddy has one and always plays. From a did they hurt us really bad but once we hit 4th, its fly by time.

I got smoked by a Mercades the other week too. The new AMGs are really quick to begin with. Was the one you raced a coupe or 4 door?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no it was a 2 door. not sure of the model

·
Registered
505 Posts
I live a little more than a hour outside of Raleigh in Roanoke Rapids exit 173 in nc right after you cross the va/nc line going south on I95. I have had my GTO for over 2 years and still have not had any action other than when i take it to the drag strip but I have only drove it about 8000 miles since i bought the it. I will probably be hitting Dinwiddie VMP this weekend hoping for some good numbers with the nice cool temperatures.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
From what I'm seeing the L99 A6 cars are not anything to write home about. The LS3 6M's are running the low 13's, but the A6's are in the high 13's. They have 400 hp but are putting 335-340 to the wheels. With the weight they have they are just not the quickest car on the block.

Let's hope it was a 6M you ran. LOL

·
Registered
282 Posts
From what I'm seeing the L99 A6 cars are not anything to write home about. The LS3 6M's are running the low 13's, but the A6's are in the high 13's. They have 400 hp but are putting 335-340 to the wheels. With the weight they have they are just not the quickest car on the block.

Let's hope it was a 6M you ran. LOL
X2. There seams to be a sizable performance gap between the stick & auto SS.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
What is the diference in the sticker? It used to be more to get an auto, but looks like they made it even with the lesser engine.
From Chevy's site its $1,185 for the auto over the manual. I don't understand why it is. I know its allways been that way. Still you allready taking a hit in the power department because you prefer an auto or can't drive a manual. Cut them some slack:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
GM did the same thing with the HHR SS. Manual is 260 and auto is 230HP. Yet then GM Stage 1 upgrade(3 bar map and more agressive tune) but them both up to 290+ to the wheels. Figure that.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
GM did the same thing with the HHR SS. Manual is 260 and auto is 230HP.
The HHR SS auto and manual share the same LNF engine the Camaro SS doesn't.
From what I've read from GMHighTech Performance mag the reason why, they haven't figured out how to get AFM to work with a manualy shifted car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts