Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I'm just finishing up my trunk and will be painting soon. I believe that the original color was blk/aqua spatter paint - correct? Has anyone used Zolatone? I hear that it does not have to be cleared like the rattle can stuff.

Also - I cannot find the rear taillight extension gaskets anywhere. Any suggestions - make my own?

Thanks

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have a '64 too. You want to use Eastwood brand spatter finish in Black Aqua. Pt #1008Z. I also highly recommend a trunk paint topcoat after the spatter paint. Yes the car may not have originally had a semi-gloss sealant, but I think it's still nice to have.

As for the parts, I have found some things are harder to come by. Have you tried the usual suspects like OPG, Ames, Parts Place, etc?

·
Registered
855 Posts
WHOAA!!! If you want to be correct you will paint the trunk area the same as the exterior! You know alot of 64 is 64 ONLY. This is one of those. The 65 was finished in a gray & green spatter. You can go to page 183 in the PONTIAC GTO RESTORATION GUIDE if you want to check on this. Good Luck, Les

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
WHOAA!!! If you want to be correct you will paint the trunk area the same as the exterior! You know alot of 64 is 64 ONLY. This is one of those. The 65 was finished in a gray & green spatter. You can go to page 183 in the PONTIAC GTO RESTORATION GUIDE if you want to check on this. Good Luck, Les
:agree....that what the book says!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts