Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1969 GTO and I am painting the trunk and under carriage of my car and wanted to know what kind of spray you (people of the forum) would recommend and what color (one of my friends says I should paint it grey, I think it should be black). I would also like to know what brand paint for the undercarriage anyone would recommend.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,741 Posts
Flat or satin black for the frame and underbody. Inside the trunk "original" color was supposedly a black background with aqua colored "splatters" in it. (I say supposedly because I'm just nearly certain my 69 was originally a different color, but I took the car apart more the 25 years ago so maybe I'm senile :) )

For the frame/underbody I used Eastwood's Ceramic 2k Chassis Black (gloss for the frame itself, satin for the underbody). Inside the trunk I used gray/white splatter trunk paint from thepartsplaceinc.com (the one that requires a spray gun and doesn't need over-coating with clear). They also have the black/aqua splatter paint.

Bear

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the help....

i appreciate your advice. I went out and purchased the trunk paint and will be painting the trunk tomorrow. I am going to finish the under carriage of the car next weekend. Any advice on painting the glove box cover. The old paint is starting to scratch off and I want to repaint it. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts