Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I'm looking for some grey/aqua trunk spatter paint for a 65 trunk. Can't find it anywhere. Does it exist or did G.M. discontinue it? It says in the GTO Restoration Guide the trunk color was grey/aqua. What did you guys use? Another brand? Another close match color?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Original Parts Group Has It. $19.95 For A Rattle Can. They Call It Black/aqua, But I Think It's What You Are Looking For. Paul

·
Registered
64 Posts
most original cars came with the color of the car on the inner wheelhouse in the trunk ,i dont know about the trunk floor though?

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
Rukee is correct. Also, NO GTO's had the wheel houses painted body color. The entire trunk area, inlcuding the wheel houses, was spatter painted. My '65 has the original gray/black spatter, and my '67 has the aqua and black. The '65 was built at Fremont, CA, and the '67 is a Baltimore Maryland car. Perhaps different plants used different spatter paint.........

·
Registered
395 Posts
I used aqua/black on my 67 but there were only two choices grey/black and aqua/black. Luckily my inner quarter panels were aqua and black so it was an easy choice.....I painted it myself and I dare say, it turned out great!

Linda

·
Registered
16 Posts
You probably would see some of the red primer or exterior over spray in the trunk were the trunk spatter paint didnt reach because I noticed that in my 69 GTO because it still had the trunk fresh of no rust and the trunk spatter in good condition but maybe the 65 is different

·
Registered
1 Posts
1966 GTO grey aqua splatter paint

My 1966 GTO has grey/aqua and I cant find it anywhere. I can only find grey / white/ grey black or black / aqua. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Auto Zone has the aqua for $6.29 a can. Just did my 65 this weekend with black/gray. It took twice the number of cans than I had predicted. Looks great

1 - 15 of 15 Posts