Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Think i found my next Fab project, ran across these pics from the 09' Dayton show...love the classic look and was thinking doing it like the rear seats of the 65' with the arrowheads and slanted piping. His engine compartment is a thing of beauty too.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
will be a winter project when i have the whole rear end dropped for the new posi and new adjustable links and bushings. just gonna take care of the few pinholes and splatter spray it for the season. will not mess with my firewall but i really like how clean that looks. and its tastefully done.

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
There is a guy who makes that panel. It is steel and fits great. I will try to dig up the receipt for mine (I think it was $125) It covers everything right up to the wiper motor steering column,etc......welded mine on. Eric

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i knew i had seen that before...was just thinking to myself that yours is smoothed but i thought the body guys did it....pm me his info if i ever pull the motor again i may look into that.

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
We welded a plate in to close the heater box holes. I have a Vintage Air unit which is totally inside under the dash. If you are real careful you can install it with a minimum of body work. I'll dig out the info and post it. ....do you have any more pics of the Black 66??? E

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
That welds on over the existing firewall? Or do you cut out the old and install the new. Over the old one sounds alot easier.
Jet, It welds on OVER the old firewall. It does NOT come with the heater box hole cut in it. There are pics on the website......nice product. Eric

1 - 15 of 15 Posts