Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I purchased a set of original judge torsion rods for my 69. Of the three available adjustment slots , which ones do you use? Just curious where they were installed at the factory. Thanks

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
I'm curious; what is the diameter of the rods? I put a spoiler on my car that was not originally equipped and just put my factory rods in a different position and the trunk stays up fine.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are approximately .312 Just about 5/16. The non judge rods I have seen are approximately .290. Not much difference but enough to support the spoiler

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Recently I purchased a set of original judge torsion rods for my 69. Of the three available adjustment slots , which ones do you use? Just curious where they were installed at the factory. Thanks
Furthest rear slot is correct on a '69. Was on my '69 Arlington and '69 Lakewood built Judges, original trunk lids and original heavy spoilers sprung right up.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great, thanks for your help. That rearward most slot is the slot that provides the greatest amount of tension. Makes sense. I wish I could locate an original spoiler for my judge. It was gone when I purchased the car. Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts