Pontiac GTO Forum banner

Trying to locate a part

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  64GroceryGetter 
#1 ·
Hey hope everyone is having a good holiday. I am looking for a rear package tray for my 69 GTO mine is pretty wasted and would like to replace it instead of try to piece and patch it. Also does anyone know if the other A bodies have the same type package tray? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#4 ·
I think I did not explain myself to good but I am not looking for the interior package tray but the steel piece that consist of the seat back where the rear seat attach hooks are and goes all the way to the trunk opening. I will send pics of what i am talking about.

#8 ·
My '66 GTO had the same issue. I found a donor car (LeMans) and paid to have it cut out and shipped to me freight across many states. Then paid more for my local guy cut out the diseased one, measure out the new one, and weld it all together. It is a bear but doable.

Donor

Cut out

Installed

#10 ·
All '68-72 A-bodies across the GM line are the same. I got a frame out of Aline OK and they had many older bodies with good parts yet. Shipping will be a hard one to swallow. I drove down and brought my frame back but with gas at more than $3 gallon, the shipping might be less for that part than travel expense. Talk to Rocky at Bud's Salvage. He is very knowledgable on these older cars and ships parts all over the country. He'll have a good idea what shipping would cost.

Bud's 1-800-375-2204

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.