Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone had to repair the rusted out hog ring clips on their seat frame(s)? I have a few ideas but non proven. Here are two pics one of the damaged area and the other a possable fix using some old seat springs "weaved" through the seat. Please give me any advice

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,782 Posts
Grab a mig welder and patch the areas up with fresh metal, clean and paint. Once the upholstery is on it's not like it's going to show anyway.

Bear

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are attachment points and I have extremely limited access to a welder if any. I may just through bolt some eyelets it just scares me to have anything come loose once the covers are installed. Thanks for your responce

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
If you decide to use eyebolts, just use locktite and lock washers. Once in place, there is no way they'll come loose. Or, take it to a welding shop and have it done for maybe $20.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Par4n1, where in Virginia are you located? I am in Northern NC, Henderson, right near the Va, line just off Rt 85 if you are close enough to drive to me, I will weld them up for you for free.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Tiger13. I found friend of a friend in Richmond and we (he) welded some strips cut from a 4x4 electrical box cover. The project took all of 10 minutes and worked perfectly. Thanks agin for your offer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts