Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
real simple...if a cars past warranty time,and a TSB is out on a problem thats occuring,will it still be fixed free of charge? Ive not had many dealings with these bulletins

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
grrr so they even acknowledge somethings amiss,and its not fixed for free :(..Glad I still have till 9/07 till mines up

·
Super Moderator
2,639 Posts
real simple...if a cars past warranty time,and a TSB is out on a problem thats occuring,will it still be fixed free of charge? Ive not had many dealings with these bulletins
I owned a 1988 Chevy Beretta. The TSB was for defective paint. I had no warranty at the time. The car was painted for free.

Same with a '96 Cutlass Supreme that I had. It had about 3 TSBs that were taken care of free of charge. Not one cent was ever paid out of my pocket. So with my experience, I have to say "Yes it's free".

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Technical Service Bullitons are an information tool provided by G.M. to aid technitions in repair and diagnosis of a vehicle. The information provided by them falls under the standard 3-36 warranty unless stated other wise.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Don't sweat these things. They're written up to help technicians correct problems that occur in the field:

Here's a master list of TSBs for 2004s:

http://www.gtoforum.com/showthread.php?t=3392&highlight=2004+TSBs

Same for 2005s:

http://www.gtoforum.com/showthread.php?t=3391&highlight=2004+TSBs

BTW, here's the one for the gauge problem you experienced the other day:

Make : PONTIAC Model : GTO Year : 2004
Manufacturer : GENERAL MOTORS CORP.
Service Bulletin Num : 050849003 Date of Bulletin: JAN 01, 2005
NHTSA Item Number: 10013486
Component: ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING
Summary:
SPEEDOMETER ERRATIC MOVEMENT FUEL GAUGE DOES NOT GO TO FULL AFTER FILLING ENGINE COOLANT TEMPERATURE GAUGE READS HOT AND COOLANT TEMPERATURE LIGHT ILLUMINATES. *EH
Check to Request Research. Submit below.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Technical Service Bullitons are an information tool provided by G.M. to aid technitions in repair and diagnosis of a vehicle. The information provided by them falls under the standard 3-36 warranty unless stated other wise.
Don't sweat these things. They're written up to help technicians correct problems that occur in the field.
thx for the heads up

Jaymz

1 - 9 of 9 Posts