Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks... No I had my favorite body shop cut the lip and seam seal it.
I have about 3/16" of a lip left. The driver side clears by a bunch.. the passenger side looks like it might rub during extreme compressions (damn rear cradle must be off center a bit) So far no rubbing....

Roper

·
Registered
456 Posts
Goat Looks BAD ASS! :cheers

What size tires are they?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Robert,

The tires are michelin Pilot Sport PS2's, Front 235-35-19, the rears are 275-30-19. They are almost identical in height and rolling diameter. They are a little bit shorter than the OEM 245-45-17's. A 40mm offset with an 8" front wheel works great. 45mm offset for the rear still requires some massaging of the fender lip. Hope this info helps you.

Roper

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
LYNMUP said:
Nice stance! Do you have a close up of the rims? Where and how much were they? How much clearance do you have to the inside of the strut in the rear? I bet they grip like a mutha!
Thanks.. It is still on stock springs... and I think it looks pretty good. I'd really like to see it dropped about an inch in front (just a little more curb speed).

Here is a link to the TSW site and a good close up of just the wheel.
http://www.tsw.com/download/files/montage_black.jpg

I paid $2600 including the replacement certificates and tax at Discount Tire. The PS2's were about $500 more than BFG KDW-NT's which is what I started to buy.. the rears have been on nation wide back order. I am satified that the additional cost for UPGRADING to the PS2 is well worth it! It is a much better tire.

As for clearance on the inside of the rear.. the difference is about 15mm closer to the strut.. I did not measure the inside clearance but for sure it is not an issue like the outer fender and opening lip. Oh yeah... they are grippy tires... and even though they are 30's and 35's the ride is very nice!

Roper

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.