Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Thanks for your patience with my newbie questions...as I've said before this is the first performance car I've ever owned. Got my K&N installed no problem, I love the sound if nothing else :cheers
I'm looking at tuners now, but I can't seem to find much of the information someone as ignorant as myself needs. With a tuner like the DiabloSport, am I going to need assistance tuning my car to see any gains, or will it be self-explanatory/automated? What about the DiabloSport "custom tuned" by SLP, what exactly does this mean? Finally, I have the opportunity to buy a used tuner but I'm worried...it seems they would make these things VIN specific or something to prevent one guy from tuning every goat in his town with it.
Many thanks for any help you can give me.
John
:D

·
Registered
498 Posts
John, with an LS1 in your Goat, you've got alot more options than those of us who've been waiting for LS2edit to arrive. Several years of experience are available to you as tuning the LS1 has become a science. PM GTODEALER, aka Steve, he's got an 04 with all kinds of goodies plus he's in a position to sell you what you need. Semper Fi, Will

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ftlfirefighter said:
John, with an LS1 in your Goat, you've got alot more options than those of us who've been waiting for LS2edit to arrive. Several years of experience are available to you as tuning the LS1 has become a science. PM GTODEALER, aka Steve, he's got an 04 with all kinds of goodies plus he's in a position to sell you what you need. Semper Fi, Will
Thanks Devil Dog :cheers

·
Registered
96 Posts
bro if i were you definitly finish all the performance parts first, then get a custom tune on the car. you get a lot more bang for your buck

·
Registered
97 Posts
I use a preditor from RWTD - since not a sponsor - I will PM you the web site. For the cost of the unit - you also get custom tuning to meet your cars setup. I love it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts