Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get more power out of my engine. Rgith now I have a 350 2 bbl and a 3 speed auto. Does anyone know about running low boost on these engines? single or twin turbo. I want to swap in a 5 speed in the future too. so any help would be nice.
-Judson

·
Super Moderator
5,742 Posts
I want to get more power out of my engine. Rgith now I have a 350 2 bbl and a 3 speed auto. Does anyone know about running low boost on these engines? single or twin turbo. I want to swap in a 5 speed in the future too. so any help would be nice.
-Judson
Lots of ways to skin that cat, it just depends on what you like and how your engineering/fabrication skills are. You're not going to find a ready to run bolt on turbo "kit" for a Pontiac so you'll have to design your own, but there are plenty of people running them and quite successfully, and making big power.

If you're after the most bang for the least buck, I'd lean towards finding a good Pontiac 400 'core' and building it into a stroker 461. Cheaper and easier to build, tune, and maintain than a turbo - and it will make boatloads of torque.

Lots of options...

Bear

·
Registered
686 Posts
And it was a dog, and the 301 was not a real pontiac motor, well it was, but wasn't a good motor..
True and so was every other car then. Even the covette was a capric with a fiberglass body, when it came to engine power. Some very said days when the K car and chevette reigned.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts