Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My turn signals do not work, when I step on the brakes both turn signal lights light up on my dash and on the front of the car (I can see the turn signals in the reflection of the vehicle in front of me) I’m assuming it is a relay. Brake lights and tail lights work fine. Any previous experience with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
Also, check the connections at the large horseshoe plug under the steering column. They can back out and get loose, and give you issues as well. BTDT.....

·
Registered
85 Posts
Also, check the ground wires on the taillight assemblies themselves. I just had to replace them yesterday because mine weren't working. The ground wires were old and had a bad connection.

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Check ALL the bulbs for blow outs, then check BOTH flasher units....FIRST check the fuses......................go from there.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Replaced all bulbs, fuses and flasher fuse. Using a test light , I have power to my turn signal switch but not after. Ordered new switch will be in next week. Will keep informed, thanks for all the input

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Replaced switch, turn signals work!! sorta they won't turn off after turn. Also installed aftermarket grant steering wheel. Will investigate when steering wheel removal kit arrives, ETA?? Been waiting over 2 months, called year one and was told it will be at least another 2 months. Thanks for everyones input

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts