Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
not to sound like an ass or anything but my first question is did that guy know how to drive the car. I have worked with the porsha dealer in my area and I know of several othere car makers that on several models they send you to a driving school so that you dont plant yourself in a wall when you are driving your car at a track.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My boss has ordered one of the cars. Man it performs like a race car, but it doesn't crash like one. If I could spend $440K on a car, I would rent a race track too. Still a shame.

·
Registered
364 Posts
GTODEALER said:
THAT SUCKS!!! My prayers are with their families...... what were the track officials thinking, they actually let you open the cars up out there!? At Texas Motor Speedway they regulated us all to 75-80 mph......
My thoughts go out to the families as well.

FYI, every DE club I have driven with, which includes BMW, Porsche, Alfa, and SCCA allows participants to drive that fast. That is very common for DEs these days. Doesn't mean it is safe though.

This issue was what drove me to SCCA T1. I DE'd my Z06 three weekends when I decided the car was too fast to really be safe without extra precautions, e.g. rollbar, harness, and a HANS device. I ended up getting a full cage instead of just a rollbar.

The Porsche above doesn't look to bad given that was a 100 MPH crash. I'm wondering if a harness and HANS device would've made a difference for them.

Be careful out there. :cheers

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Sad. Tragic. They were, however, aware of the risks.

Well...there goes any hope of my getting a chance to open my Goat up at Penske's Palace...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts