Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just clicked over 30k miles on my Holden. Back when I had my Bimmers, it was my understanding that the OEM BMW struts had lost much of their stiffness after ~50k miles.

Does anyone have any idea what the expected life of the OEM struts for our cars?

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I thought.

Das Goot is starting to feel a tad wallowy and loose...

Erk. Time for Yellow Konis very soon. This may supercede the Valentine One for next upgrade purchase...

·
Registered
56 Posts
I would think a lot has to do with the type of driving you do, and the road conditions. But that doesn't answer your question lol. But if I had to guess, I would say 50-60K, I have 67K on my car, and it rides fine.

But my regal is different then your ride.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Clevite 77 said:
I would think a lot has to do with the type of driving you do, and the road conditions. But that doesn't answer your question lol. But if I had to guess, I would say 50-60K, I have 67K on my car, and it rides fine.

But my regal is different then your ride.
I drive my car pretty hard. I have a 240 mile RT daily commute, cruising ~85 mph on crappy-ish Kali freeways. I have plans to track the car as well.

Thinking I should get about the same out of the Konis, I guess...maybe a bit more.

·
Registered
48 Posts
my next upgrade

I plan on putting Koni's at each corner along with a urethane bushing kit from Energy Suspension. I was thinking about doing this right before I put my first set of tires on it. I have 11k on them and think they will go 25-35k, but I don't know if I can wait. I am itching to do it sooner. I have three questions, how hard is it to swap the sub-frame bushings, how hard is it to replace the shocks and what can I expect to pay for Koni's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts