Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
formerly NJGoat
1,844 Posts
Never owned a Ford

Had twenty seven cars since i've been driving, now 37. Never had a ford, Never will. F O R D. Found On the Road Dead!

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Had my ass handed to me by what I assume was a modded F150 Lightning back when my '06 goat was brand new. I was bone stock, running along side him at about 70 on the interstate. We both took off and he never looked back. He let off and I caught back up to him. We did it again and he walked me the 2nd time as well, so it was no fluke. I've been told they are easy to get extra hp out of with pulley swaps, etc. I've never ran a cobra or gt500, but have spanked a prior body style (03-04ish) mach 1 (orange with a shaker hood) and can't wait to spank the guy at my work who just bought a 317 hp shelby gt stang pushing 40 grand as soon as he grows the balls.
Dusty.

·
Registered
60 Posts
That Cobra vid was bad to the bone! :cheers

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Had my ass handed to me by what I assume was a modded F150 Lightning back when my '06 goat was brand new. I was bone stock, running along side him at about 70 on the interstate. We both took off and he never looked back. He let off and I caught back up to him. We did it again and he walked me the 2nd time as well, so it was no fluke. I've been told they are easy to get extra hp out of with pulley swaps, etc. I've never ran a cobra or gt500, but have spanked a prior body style (03-04ish) mach 1 (orange with a shaker hood) and can't wait to spank the guy at my work who just bought a 317 hp shelby gt stang pushing 40 grand as soon as he grows the balls.
Dusty.
Thats the beauty of a S.C. ride,a simple pulley and tune can add serious H.P..My Lightning is faster in the 1/4 than my GTO.My GTO is stock other than the Corsa exhaust.My wife drives the car.Lets see do i want to drive a L. or a GTO:D.As far as being a Ford my Lightning has never been in the shop for anything.Since The fist month ive had it i installed CAI,Kooks Long Tubes,Magnaflow CatBack,Magnaflow high cats,Electric fan,4Lb lower pulley,S.C. X-Cal/W 3 tunes,plugs and i am still adding mods to this day.The GTO has been falling apart on the interior,burns oil ever since it was new,Has alignment problems and has been to the shop several times for other things.If i could do it over i would have bought the 04 Cobra.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Termi's are sick cars. Some of them actually dyno what they were rated at by Ford. They were heavily underrated, of course. Actual output is prolly somewhere around 435hp. I'd love to have one. Not a big fan of Lightning's, though. I used to have a Dakota RT that surprised 'em all the time, that truck was pretty fun.....

·
formerly NJGoat
1,844 Posts
Lightening

:lol:

tell that to a Ram SRT-10 owner:lol:

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
:lol:

tell that to a Ram SRT-10 owner:lol:
I've driven an SRT-10. It's got 10 cylinders of muscle, but (at least the 4door one I drove) wasn't King Kong. I think an SC Cobra would blow by it, IMO.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I've driven an SRT-10. It's got 10 cylinders of muscle, but (at least the 4door one I drove) wasn't King Kong. I think an SC Cobra would blow by it, IMO.

Yeah, an '03-04 SVT Cobra would rape an SRT10.

Dodge SRT-10 are slow they run high 13's stock,lightnings run low 13's stock.The problem is they weigh 5500lbs.I have tought many a lesson to srt-10 and rumblebees.:lol:
The single-cab SRT10's will easily run low 13's. Their problem just lies in their weight and their tall gearing. Equal drivers, the Ram will take the Lightning in a 1/4, and destroy it in a highway run. Thing is, w/ very little money and just a few mods, the Lightning easily turns the tables......

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, an '03-04 SVT Cobra would rape an SRT10.

The single-cab SRT10's will easily run low 13's. Their problem just lies in their weight and their tall gearing. Equal drivers, the Ram will take the Lightning in a 1/4, and destroy it in a highway run. Thing is, w/ very little money and just a few mods, the Lightning easily turns the tables......
An stock SRT dodge VS a stock lightning.The dodge would never beat a lightning stock vs stock they weigh 800 lbs more for one.As far as dodge claims to be the fastest production p-up,its the top end speed that got them famous.The tunes on my L. would run just as fast,but have to keep the timing stock and use a cold tune for high speed runs.I have driven one and they are fun to drive.Heres a good video i have in my favorites YouTube - Lightning vs SRT-10 Dodge viper

1 - 20 of 46 Posts