Pontiac GTO Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1967 400/400
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Looks fabulous Army - that old ProMaster coil brings me back to high school days. This is prior to my getting the car painted over covid. Love the Pontiac blue. and that MSD box s**t the bed, putting a grey and black one in over the winter. View attachment 147596
Thanks bro! Holley owns MSD, as well as Mallory now, so... The Mallory stuff is simply the MSD stuff with different packaging. My Hyfire is just a 6AL in disguise and its a direct plug in for my Summit Pro Billet, which is just an MSD Pro Billet, in disguise!

So now, not only am I the only guy at the car show with GTO, Im the only guy without an MSD 6A, too.

·
Registered
1967 400/400
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
It was all a good learning experience. Ive lived with it looking horrible for well over a year, because I didn't know what my ability would be to improve it, while in the car. At the end of the day, it was a quick and painless process. I just had to take the first step. I hope to continue the progress with the rest of the engine bay.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
It was all a good learning experience. Ive lived with it looking horrible for well over a year, because I didn't know what my ability would be to improve it, while in the car. At the end of the day, it was a quick and painless process. I just had to take the first step. I hope to continue the progress with the rest of the engine bay.
It's looking nice, here's the hose ends I saw if you don't want to go all steel braided, this guy won two best of shows I was at this summer and the car is to die for! And he drives it to the shows, I think he spent three days just routing the battery cables, I would Google images and take mental notes at shows and just try to keep things
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive fuel system Hood
Motor vehicle Light Automotive design Hood Automotive fuel system
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Wheel Window

cleaned up or hide wires and pay attention to details and people really notice like this guys engine bay, very clean detailed and not too flashy except for the 6 webber's 😉 I know I'll probably get bbq'd posting a Chevy but I love those models. Keep up the good work 👍

·
Registered
1967 400/400
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
There's a special tool to do it... but yeah a razor, too. I like the idea, and although I can see it being a pain during a fail while on the road, if you have to go to NAPA for a new hose, you can always buy a clamp, too.

One thing is that the Gates shrink clamps are $10 ea!

Old skool black anodized covers, without the stainless cover sleeves are actually cheaper. And you can always shrink over a clamp, as well.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
You can just buy the black clamp on end nuts for 15.00 each like my chrome ones and put the screw down out of site and shine up the hoses, finishes off the hose end nice, looking better than an exposed hose clamp (y)

21 - 40 of 49 Posts