Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have an 05 m6 gto. For the life of me i can't find the door lock button. It is not in the center console area next to the t/c button. If i push down the lock(slider thinga ma bob) on one side it automatically locks the other one.

·
Registered
57 Posts
No, you're not crazy

pbmaniac2000 said:
Ok so I have an 05 m6 gto. For the life of me i can't find the door lock button. It is not in the center console area next to the t/c button. If i push down the lock(slider thinga ma bob) on one side it automatically locks the other one.
You're not losing your mind. They did not put a door lock button in the GTO until the 2006 model year.

You can order a kit from JHP and do the upgrade yourself.

By the way ... the radio buttons on your steering wheel don't light up like they do in the '06 model either.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
pbmaniac2000 said:
One of the little PIA's I truly dislike about my '05.

An unbelievable omission in a $30K+ car.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Wizard Of Iz said:
You're not losing your mind. They did not put a door lock button in the GTO until the 2006 model year.

You can order a kit from JHP and do the upgrade yourself.
I didn't know they sold a lock button/wiring kit. That's good info! Thanks!:D

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Anything from JHP is pricey. But, it's coming from the other side of the freakin' planet for one, most of the stuff is made to order (like the gauges) so may take extra time to get to you (mine took 30 days) BUT...you get what you pay for. 10000000% OEM stock look GTO add-ons, because they are stock, just in Auuuuustralia. And I agree, you '04 and '05 guys got screwed paying all that cash with no door lock button, what were they thinking? And the Feb.-July builds of the '06's got screwed on not having the plug and play cable in the gauge pod (luckily mine is a Jan. '06 build). Things that make ya go hmmmmmm.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I installed the JHP kit and it was no problem. I bought the bluetooth kit and figured, I may as well.

I have to say though I think it was a waste. I have never used it except for when I first tested it and once in a while I see if it still works.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I guess we know you don't read the owners manual, and also that the dealer did a lousy job orienting you to the features of your car. More than likely the person that sold you the car doesn't know where the door lock button is either.
ROFLOL
my dealer oriented me to the features of the car by handing me the keys.........I was fiddling with things all the way home trying to figure them out!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cant lock your keys....

I went to change my battery and come to find out,it was a dealer item onlyand thedealer was closed. However, without a battery, you can not lockyour doors even with a key!!!! Just another flaw inthe new goats along withthe lock/unlockbutton!:willy:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.