Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Man, this is getting out of hand very quickly....... I live in a small town in Texas (Saginaw) just outside of Ft. Worth and the gas here is climing $.010/gal. a week!!!!! We are already up to 2.25/ gal for super and it's getting higher.......
GAS PRICE INCREASE :shutme

G

·
GTODEALER said:
Man, this is getting out of hand very quickly....... I live in a small town in Texas (Saginaw) just outside of Ft. Worth and the gas here is climing $.010/gal. a week!!!!! We are already up to 2.25/ gal for super and it's getting higher.......
GAS PRICE INCREASE :shutme
wa up steve :cheers

:agree on gas prices they are way out there i remember 119 $$ ahh the good old days :seeya:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Filled up today, $2.339 for Sunoco Ultra 94 (near Harrisburg PA)

Dashboard computer said I had used 16.15 gallons. Pump shut off at 13.42 gallons. I thought the computer was badly inaccurate and might require a trip to the dealer to fix.

After driving off I realized the computer was more accurate than I thought. The tank didn't get all the way full (about 3/4 to 7/8 full). Sunoco's pump needs fixing, not my car. I wonder if it was due to the odd angle and location of the filler neck?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Braman'sGTO said:
56, well your have just a few years on me then. Did you have any of the original muscle cars? What do you think of the new GTO compared to what it was in the late 60s and early 70s?

I had a 66 GTO. I loved that car. Black on black 4spd. I now have an 04. Black on Black 6 spd. If anyone compares the new GTO to the old they are going to be disapointed. That's a good thing I think. Don't misunderstand, I'd love to have my 66 back again. But I'm really glad I got the 04. Very different automobiles. Both are super in thier time. The biggest difference is computer control. Way back when, we didn't have traction control or ABS. I think the technology of today takes the driver out of the car and makes them more of an active passenger. But also makes the vehicle safer. Gone are the drum brakes. No more pulling on the side of the road to make a carburator adjustment. Gone are the days of changing points, plugs, and condenser. No more tinkering to get a few more hp. The back yard mechanic is gone. :-(

·
Registered
316 Posts
The first car I ever purchased was a 71 cutlass, 350 rocket with a 3 speed. I learned alot with that car, spent alot of money and hours in it. Your are definetly right about having to tinker with it all the time. I ended up selling it and getting a Harley and loved that to. Sold the harley and got my GTO because I started missing having a muscle car, well that and I got married and have a kid. Cant put a car seat on a harley. :cheers Here's to the good old days and the cars that came with them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Talk about being old.. I remember everyone pitching in a quarter, getting some fuel and cruising the burger joints in my buddy's 58 Bonneville. That tank had balls. If we had fuel left, he's bury the speedo (120) for thrills.. on the bowling balls he had for tires, it really was a thrill

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.