Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing a frame off resto on a '66 conv. and have not found the info I am looking for on the underbody in any of the reading I have done. I am ready to paint the underbody and the only reference to it I find is "take care not to knock off undercoating" I found evidence of it in the wheel wells, but that is it. Should only the wheel wells be undercoated, or is the entire underbody undercoated? Was it primed, undercoated and painted, or primed, painted and undercoated? Was the underbody painted black or the color of the exterior (in my case cameo ivory) and would it be 60% gloss like the frame? Is the interior of the body painted black or the exterior color? Does anyone know where this info could be found? I have books on factory finishes, but all fail to go into the minute details.

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the start- The guild website really hit home with one quote- pictures!!!!. I took a bunch, but evidently not enough. It did remind me of some photos I have which helped answer a few things, but still I'm in the dark on others. I have the Resto book from the link you sent, but it still lacks on some of the detail. I will keep looking, if you come across any more info or find somewhere I can look I would be greatful. :cool

1 - 4 of 4 Posts