Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I was just curious if all GTO's come with the floor pans undercoated in 4 square sections. Mine has it and the dealer charged me extra for it (without my permission!!!- I got the "it is already done" excuse). But I saw the pic in the rear brake thread showing the jacking points, and it looks to be undercoated exactly where mine it. I was just curious if they came this way. If so, I'm heading to the dealer in a bit to have a "discussion" :shutme

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
kwiktsi said:
Hey, I was just curious if all GTO's come with the floor pans undercoated in 4 square sections. Mine has it and the dealer charged me extra for it (without my permission!!!- I got the "it is already done" excuse). But I saw the pic in the rear brake thread showing the jacking points, and it looks to be undercoated exactly where mine it. I was just curious if they came this way. If so, I'm heading to the dealer in a bit to have a "discussion" :shutme
That undercoating is usually a high profit scam, just like scotchgarding, paint sealing, and pinstriping. They subcontract this work out to third parties for only a very few dollars.

In addition, I've read that anything other than factory undercoating may do more harm than good, since it can hold moisture in places it shouldn't.

It's always better to cut through this kind of crap before the sale, but if they really didn't do anything you can threaten a fraud charge I guess.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
ALL GTO's come with the undercoating. If your dealer charged you for it they screwed you.:eek:

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks guys, that's what I thought.. I know the whole deal with the "add on's" such as undercoating and such, and always turn it down. This time they said "it is already done since I assumed you would want it" I let it slide, but the more I slept on it, the more it bothered me. I contacted the GM and told him how pissed I was and they offered me 5 free detailings- yeah, I want some unknown lot boy "detailing" my car... Now that I know they did absolutely nothing, there will be hell to pay!!
Joe

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
kwiktsi said:
Thanks guys, that's what I thought.. I know the whole deal with the "add on's" such as undercoating and such, and always turn it down. This time they said "it is already done since I assumed you would want it" I let it slide, but the more I slept on it, the more it bothered me. I contacted the GM and told him how pissed I was and they offered me 5 free detailings- yeah, I want some unknown lot boy "detailing" my car... Now that I know they did absolutely nothing, there will be hell to pay!!
Joe
GOOD LUCK! Tell us what happens.:cool

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
kwiktsi said:
It will be "they cut me a check for $500" or "my GTO is back in the showroom- and they didn't even have to open the doors" :). I'll keep you posted.
Joe
Ummm let me advise to be cordial but firm that you want the refund and nothing less. If you go in huffing and puffing that won't help anything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.