Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, after a little reading on this board and LS1GTO.com I think it is reasonable to say that C5 brake pads will fit on an '04 GTO.

Does anyone have a problem with this statement?

If this is true, then can I also say that I can use C5 rotors? I mean afterall, if the C5 pad will fit our calipers and our standard rotors, is there any reason to believe that a C5 rotor will not fit?

My reason

GMPARTSDIRECT.com has the following

Ceramic C5 brake pad kit for $40.36 per axel, part # 88909667
Drilled and slotted rotor $40.36 each, part # 88926732

To me this sounds like a hell of a package if we can make it work! And for cheep too.

Ceramic pad all the way around, drilled and slotted rotor all the way around and an extra $20 for th break paint kit and bang we have a breaking set up that looks just as good as ours does and stops better than an '05.

I know, I know, if it sounds too good to be true then it is, right? So someone smart tell me what I am missing.

thanks

·
Registered
410 Posts
check the rotor diameter. The ones you list should be larger than the 11.7 diameter GTO stock. That means you would have to obtain different suspension to caliber bracket. I used the C5 pads on stock rotors and have had no problems. They were new so I did not have to turn them to accept the increased verticle contact area.

·
Registered
95 Posts
C5 rotors have a different diameter, a different bolt pattern, a different offset and a different thickness.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts