Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just needed some advice before I spend on the '04.

Should I purchase the '04 at the end of the lease with all the mods I intend on doing or should I hand it back and get an '07 and leave it as it is?

Mods intended are: -

'05 Brake Set
Short Shifter
Custom Dual Exhaust (this will mean cutting the RHS of the rear fender)
Lingenfelter CAI
MAF Sensor
Long Tube Headers
Diablo II Tuning

:cheers

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
With all those mods, your 04 should AT LEAST AS FAST if not faster than the 05s and 06s. I to lease an 04 and am contimplainting buying it after the lease is up. When that happens, if GM does not have any good RWD cars for sale(as well as 2 doors only) :) , I will keep the goat. Ihave heard the next Grand Prix will be rear wheel drive.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Unless GM is keeping a major secret (which I doubt cause they're honestly more concerned with the Corvette right now), there won't be an 07 model year GTO. 08 model year is possible, but 09 will most likely be the next GTO year if they continue with it.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Don't really worry about depreciation of cars at all these days. With the amount of mass produced cars being pumped out of every manufacturer, appreciation is a very rare thing to come by in the car world.

Don't feel bad though either, think about the guy who just bought the $450,000 Porsche Carrera GT who's car will cost about $60-$70,000 next year ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.