Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new here. I've been doing a lot of research on this site, and you guys all seem really helpful, so I finally got around to registering and figured I'd try to figure some stuff out.

Here's my dilemma. I LOVE the midnight blue metallic, but as many of you know it's been canned for 06. Don't get me wrong, I still like the impulse blue a lot, but I would really like to have the midnight blue.

So (gas prices pending) the plan is in the spring time after i've been working full time as a BMW Tech I'll be able to get my GTO. So I'm just still stuck as to wether get the 05 on the used route, or just go with an 06 but in the impulse blue, or maybe even black.

Thoughts?? Thanks guys

-Dan

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Stingraye said:
Hey guys, I'm new here. I've been doing a lot of research on this site, and you guys all seem really helpful, so I finally got around to registering and figured I'd try to figure some stuff out.

Here's my dilemma. I LOVE the midnight blue metallic, but as many of you know it's been canned for 06. Don't get me wrong, I still like the impulse blue a lot, but I would really like to have the midnight blue.

So (gas prices pending) the plan is in the spring time after i've been working full time as a BMW Tech I'll be able to get my GTO. So I'm just still stuck as to wether get the 05 on the used route, or just go with an 06 but in the impulse blue, or maybe even black.

Thoughts?? Thanks guys

-Dan
Hi Sting, My opinion? If $$ is your main concern, I'd be willing to bet you'll find some descent prices on 05's, cause of the gas crunch. There isn't much difference in the 06's other than some upgrades. I do not know the pricing of them as of yet. I guess your cash flow will dictate what your final decision would be....

I ran into a guy yesterday as I came out of a store and found him all but fornicating with my GTO. He told me he wants one exactly like mine. He cannot find one anywhere around our location. There is one in Jersey so he tells me. I advised him, and maybe this is something you may consider........

Place an order for an 06' of your liking,,,,, making sure you have a refundable deposit, and keep looking for one you want USED. If for some chance you cannot locate a used one, and say the car you order arrives in the spring of 06' you will at least have one. If you find a used 05' in the meantime, cancel your order.
It's a fail safe plan. That is the route I would take if I were undecided. GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Welcome Stingraye!
The MBM is a great color and if you can find one (because they are one of the fewest colors made) grab it if it appeals to you.
I absolutely love my '05 Phantom Black Metallic. Even though I do find myself dusting it with microfiber towels often, I think it is best looking color when washed. The '06 will have some "perks" that us 04/05 guys want, but it all depends on what you want and what your willing to spend.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Get What You Want

Stingraye said:

Thoughts?? Thanks guys

-Dan

Dan,

Welcome to the forum.

I have a MBM A4 and love the color.

I love to buy used cars! Let someone else take the hit. I wish I had the luxury of waiting to find a used '05 MBM, but I needed to buy a car in June and with the Employee Pricing, it just made sense.

If your patience cans stand it .... wait on the color you really want.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input guys. Something tells me i'll end up searching really hard for a used MBM 05 in the spring time. Get the one I really want, and hopefully save some $$ at it too. Guess we'll see what turns up in the spring time!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.