Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 66' GTO that my parents bought new in Dec. 65'. It has all matching numbers with original interior, factory AC(not working) even have the original wheels and hub caps. The issue is that I'm retiring and need to sale it. I have no idea the value of the car. Can anyone give me an estimate or a name of an appeaser in the Houston Tx. area. Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Sky Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
99 Posts
I can't help you much with any value, but I hate to see you sell it. I'm sure it's a great piece of your family history. The appraiser approach would be best for your area. Often times, insurance companies can get you in touch with a local appraiser. With that said, start an ebay, craigslist, FB market, etc search for 66 GTO's with similar background and conditions and you''ll get an idea of what they are trying to be sold for in different areas of the country/world. Your car has the potential to sell at a high enough price that location of the buyer will not be that important. For example, a 66 GTO that is worth 40 to 60 grand means the buyer will afford a special trip to see it and possible pay for transportation to get it back to where they are from. Advertise it country wide. If you were close to me...I'd be begging for an evening to just come look it over and take some pics. You have a wonderful thing! An old friend once told me..."if you have a GTO and sell it, the odds of you having another one are slim to none". Think over this decision, as I'm sure you have. I'm sure some of the other members who have had more than their fair share of GTO's will have some price ranges for you. Posting many more pics of all aspects of the car and giving much more detail will help narrow those ranges.

·
Registered
67 2dr HT rustbucket
69 Posts
Your car looks really nice and will no doubt fetch a good price. Sorry you don't feel you can keep it in retirement. I'm hoping to have mine finished in a few years for retirement but nobody knows what the future holds until it becomes the present. I can't help with value either but I echo Sick's sentiments. The very best of luck to you.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I have a 66' GTO that my parents bought new in Dec. 65'. It has all matching numbers with original interior, factory AC(not working) even have the original wheels and hub caps. The issue is that I'm retiring and need to sale it. I have no idea the value of the car. Can anyone give me an estimate or a name of an appeaser in the Houston Tx. area. View attachment 144624 View attachment 144625
Auto or 4 speed? Tri power?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts