Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First I must say I'm very impressed with the 05 Goat. It's everything I wanted to have in a car. Super Power, comfort, handling, room and Automatic. Also, the sound is very sweet. I don't even listen to the radio anymore :) I just love the sound of the exhaust! I've been using the Vector at the track on many cars and it's always within .05 ~ .1 within track times. That's accurate enough for me! Once it's calibrated, this 2 axis meter really works well. So I decided to put it on the Goat (make sure it's mounted dead center of the car). I left the traction control on, brake torque and launch. I only put the peddle 1/2 down, went to about 5300 rpms, then second to 63 mph. The car did a 5.45 and i wasn't even trying ! Damn! And i figured it was right, because that same night I raced an 03 Mustang GT Manual, and pulled 2 car lengths on him 0 - 60 with the same launch and 1/2 peddle down. He gave me thumbs up and was impressed. My 60' was 2.05
I can't wait to give it a more aggresive launch and floor it! 4.6 ~ 4.8 should be attainable! Great car though, i'm glad i bought one :cool I usually buy a new car every year, race them and trade in for something new and different. But I think I'm going to keep this GOAT. Again, the sound is sooooooooo sweet.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
I was blown away by the sound of the stock exhaust... I was told that the sound from the mufflers on the Sport Appearance Package was even better. I said no way can it sound better than stock. But......... WOW. When I first fired it up with the duel duels I was floored. The popping when decelerating, and shifting, and the rumble emitting from them are just like the brochure said "a rock opera" from the exhausts. Love it.

·
Registered
937 Posts
The sound sure does turn heads. I have had neighbors walk down the block and talk to me when I pulled into my driveway because they heard me coming down the road. I thought about the alternate exhaust Pontiac offers but it comes with those quad tips that I just DO NOT want on my goat. Those American duals with those chrome tips look so good in the back, the quads look like they are from one of those "other" Pontiac models. Fugly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
GTO judge said:
I was blown away by the sound of the stock exhaust... I was told that the sound from the mufflers on the Sport Appearance Package was even better. I said no way can it sound better than stock. But......... WOW. When I first fired it up with the duel duels I was floored. The popping when decelerating, and shifting, and the rumble emitting from them are just like the brochure said "a rock opera" from the exhausts. Love it.
Agreed I have an 05 Torrid Red w/AT and stock exhaust but It sounds great. I don't care for the rest of SAP eqpt. By the way what produces the fastest 1/4 times with AT? Shifting it manually or launch in Drive and hang on?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dave said:
Agreed I have an 05 Torrid Red w/AT and stock exhaust but It sounds great. I don't care for the rest of SAP eqpt. By the way what produces the fastest 1/4 times with AT? Shifting it manually or launch in Drive and hang on?
From what i see at the track ( i haven't tried it yet) just launch in drive and hang on. It shifts right before redline whitout making a mistake. If you do it manually, sometimes you're too early or late. The trick is to get a low 60' foot time to get the car to hit 12.9s... the car has everything else, just that launch. That .5 secs in launching error is what makes the difference betweens 13.3 ~ 4s or 12.9s ~ 13.0. Mine (according to the Vector) was 2.05. I little rpm and it'll scoot pretty nice. Too much though, and it peels too much even with traction control. I wanna put a little more mileage on it before i do the 1/4. Of course you can get the Nittos ;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another run with the Vector!

This time I gave floored it when i reached 20mph after the launch.

I hit 5.13 secs with a 2.10 60' ... i didn't launch as agressive this time.

Full tanks of gas and it was about 85 degrees out and very humid.

Just scooted out and then hit it... still impressive!

I get this right, and I should hit 4.8s.

·
Registered
358 Posts
JMVorbeck said:
The sound sure does turn heads. I have had neighbors walk down the block and talk to me when I pulled into my driveway because they heard me coming down the road. I thought about the alternate exhaust Pontiac offers but it comes with those quad tips that I just DO NOT want on my goat. Those American duals with those chrome tips look so good in the back, the quads look like they are from one of those "other" Pontiac models. Fugly.

Fugly?? WTF!!!! :confused

·
Registered
194 Posts
Nightshifter said:
This time I gave floored it when i reached 20mph after the launch.

I hit 5.13 secs with a 2.10 60' ... i didn't launch as agressive this time.

Full tanks of gas and it was about 85 degrees out and very humid.

Just scooted out and then hit it... still impressive!

I get this right, and I should hit 4.8s.
Just got my Vector today, and only was able to do 1 0-60 run and hit 4.80 just flooring it from a dead stop with a 1.77 60'.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.