Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was offered/asked to be a vendor at the "other" forum and I wanted to get everyones opinion on this before making a decision. I know that I don't have to do this, but, all of you are like family and I just feel like I have to ask.....
Steve A. :cheers

BTW, this doesn't mean that I wouldn't be here, just I would be in both forums....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,100 Posts
Bottom line? What will help you sell the most parts at the highest margins. It's a business decision -- nothing more.

One thing you can do is evaluate the cost to advertise vs. the number of members (active ones), that way you can objectively look at a cost per member ratio and make a decision based on that.

I like this forum because it isn't clogged up with a lot of jerks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
b_a_betterperson said:
Bottom line? What will help you sell the most parts at the highest margins. It's a business decision -- nothing more.

One thing you can do is evaluate the cost to advertise vs. the number of members (active ones), that way you can objectively look at a cost per member ratio and make a decision based on that.

I like this forum because it isn't clogged up with a lot of jerks.
I agree with everything you said, and speaking as a business then yes it would be okay, I would make more money (myself and the dealer) but, in this market it's all about loyalty. There are too many places to buy parts and that is why I go above and beyond to take care of everyone here, that will not change if I start posting on the other forum. I just want to make sure my customers/friends know that I am not "selling them out", I will help both sites unless the "jerks" piss me off and then I will stop helping/selling to them. I appreciate your response b_a_betterperson, I guess I'm just making sure no one has a problem with what I'm considering doing. :cheers
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,142 Posts
b_a_betterperson said:
Bottom line? What will help you sell the most parts at the highest margins. It's a business decision -- nothing more.

One thing you can do is evaluate the cost to advertise vs. the number of members (active ones), that way you can objectively look at a cost per member ratio and make a decision based on that.

I like this forum because it isn't clogged up with a lot of jerks.
:agree
 

·
440 RWHP/400 RWTQ
Joined
·
202 Posts
I'm pretty new to the forum, and it looks to me that everyone here respects you as a person and businessman. IMO, your business decision shouldn't affect how others relate with you. Expanding your business options is what America is all about. I say good luck to you and I hope to do business with you in the near future! MM.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
marathonman said:
I'm pretty new to the forum, and it looks to me that everyone here respects you as a person and businessman. IMO, your business decision shouldn't affect how others relate with you. Expanding your business options is what America is all about. I say good luck to you and I hope to do business with you in the near future! MM.
Thanks! :cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
b_a_betterperson said:
That's a good point. Word of mouth is definitely the best advertising out there. I know I've sent a couple of folks your way.
True, and that is greatly appreciated! :cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,445 Posts
I think we would like you to grow your business because that would not only help you, but us. You treat the members of this forum well and if your business does well, it means you will be here for us.
I guess what's good for GTODEALER is good for GTOFORUM.
Thanks for asking.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
358 Posts
NO! You can't! We want you all for ourselves! J/K! :lol: I agree that what's good for you will probably be good for us, as long as you don't forget about us. Which I'm sure you won't. I know I've enjoyed working with ya, so I guess we can share. :)
:cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
565 Posts
Definately go help the other forum GTODEALER. If you can do half of what I know you've done for us, for them, then you'll have helped the overall GTO family greatly. You're greatly appreciated and respected here, and as long as you don't leave us for good i doubt anyone will hate you TOO much ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RiceEater said:
Definately go help the other forum GTODEALER. If you can do half of what I know you've done for us, for them, then you'll have helped the overall GTO family greatly. You're greatly appreciated and respected here, and as long as you don't leave us for good i doubt anyone will hate you TOO much ;)
Thanks man, I really appreciate it! :cheers
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top