Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So looking to replace the drivers side vent window latch and weather strip, the handle feels like it could fall off anytime so is the wear usually in the handle and just replace it or in the ball connected to the window? And what's a good site or directions for replacing the weather strip? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Got a new set for my 65. Left was breeze flappin like Armys. OPG had a set that are exact look a likes. Had it installed by my mechanic when he was tuning the Tri-Power so no help with instructions but they work like new.

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So looking to purchase the vent window weather strips, is the consensus OPGI has the best ones because that's their claim...I've read you need quality ones or the window won't shut also need the thumb latches, my drivers side looks like it could fall off anytime it's so loose so is it usually the handle or the ball on the glass trim that wears out? Looks like a tiny roll pin has to be driven out.

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Metro Seals were a much better fit than the ones I got from OPGI.

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I tried Thursday and Friday to call Metro Seals with no luck so left messages with no response so far, tried their chat feature and got no response either...not impressed with them so far, any other recommendations for good fitting vent window weather stripping?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts