Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very dissapointed with how slowly the Aftermarket parts seem to be coming out for the GTO. Two things that I have attempted to install have been delayed because the parts are "still in fabrication". First thing was the dash kit for my in dash DVD player, that was supposed to be installed last November and the part just came in 2 Weeks ago, and I finally have it installed. Also, no one has come out with a bypass module for a remote start kit yet, I went thru all of the trouble of setting up appointments, getting a ride to the place and all of this , just to have them call me up 30 minutes into the install, and say uh, we cant do it yet. I mean no big deal but it gets annoying.
Ive also been told that GM has not released a manual that shows the workings of the car, and how everything is put together, I mean it would be pretty hard for me at least to do ne thing without that, because i dont like to go ripping parts off without know how to do it.
Ne ways there is my one GTO complaint for the year, everythign else will be positive from now on.
:D \
SasDawgGTO

·
Registered
88 Posts
Radio/cd

Rob said:
The Helm manuals have been out since the car came out.

Be glad you have a radio/cd;;My factory one was dead upon purchase, and still is a month later, and NO ONE at GM can tell me when I will have one,,,the usual spiel is 4-6 weeks,,,but in two weeks,,I will prove that is a lie,,and my Service Manager admits it,,,,so sad,,

·
Registered
212 Posts
I am getting a vibe that most GM service depts are pretty horrible as far as customer service is concerned. I've become good friends with a lot of the techs at the Honda dealership here in town, and I must say I wish I could just take the goat over there instead of hassle with the GM techs lying to me.

I brought my goat in on monday to diagnose what I had broken in the front of the car. They didn't look at it until tuesday, when they told me I had broken the right front hub, the cradle needed to be adjusted, and it needed an alignment. (oh yeah, and a new tire.)

I asked them specifically not to align the car, I have my own specs I would like to put on the car, and I didn't want then messing with it.

they call me today, yep they aligned it.

oh well, just another thing I'm disappointed about.

·
Registered
47 Posts
SasdawgGTO said:
I am very dissapointed with how slowly the Aftermarket parts seem to be coming out for the GTO. Two things that I have attempted to install have been delayed because the parts are "still in fabrication". First thing was the dash kit for my in dash DVD player, that was supposed to be installed last November and the part just came in 2 Weeks ago, and I finally have it installed. Also, no one has come out with a bypass module for a remote start kit yet, I went thru all of the trouble of setting up appointments, getting a ride to the place and all of this , just to have them call me up 30 minutes into the install, and say uh, we cant do it yet. I mean no big deal but it gets annoying.
Let's see. A total of 15,728 GTOs produced in 2004. Out of those, you can figure that maybe 5% max might buy your aftermarket accessory. That's 786 units. Obviously, for such a low number sold, the cost per item is going to be significantly higher so you wait until more of the vehicles are out there to justify the investment to creating and producing the item.

SasdawgGTO said:
Ive also been told that GM has not released a manual that shows the workings of the car, and how everything is put together, I mean it would be pretty hard for me at least to do ne thing without that, because i dont like to go ripping parts off without know how to do it.
Whoever told you that missled you. The service manual has been available almost since the car was first introduced to the US. You can buy it in either paper or electronic form from Helms Publications.

SasdawgGTO said:
Ne ways there is my one GTO complaint for the year, everythign else will be positive from now on.
From what I see, you're complaint is not really with the GTO.

Greg

·
Registered
314 Posts
dctex99 said:
Be glad you have a radio/cd;;My factory one was dead upon purchase, and still is a month later, and NO ONE at GM can tell me when I will have one,,,the usual spiel is 4-6 weeks,,,but in two weeks,,I will prove that is a lie,,and my Service Manager admits it,,,,so sad,,
I can just see you now driving around with big muffy headphones on listening to your tape recorder of Milli Vanilli - Girl You Know It's True; that my friend, is so sad.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dunno, theres just sumthin about hearin your own car start up from the outside that intrigues me!
Maybe unlogical but i know quite a few ppl who have remote start on manual cars, and they are fine!
SasDawgGTO

·
Registered
161 Posts
My dealings with GM and aftermarket parts has been just the opposite. My M6 had a cracked tail light lense when I purchased it. I got a replacement from GM in 2 days. This was back in March. I also had to replace the driver side skirt on the car in September and I got an aftermarket panel in less than a week. The hood, wheels, brakes, cai and guages were all at my door step within a week of order.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.