Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
What a bunch of a$$holes on that forum. I read some of the accompanying posts, and they're all talking junk about the GTO. Well if I'd spent $100K++ on my car I'd hope it would outperform the $33K GTO. :shutme

·
Registered
75 Posts
This guy is a real winner:

Yeah Scott, you should have let him win. Could you imagine the bragging on the Pontiac Boards (that is if they exist) "Vid of GTO beating TT"

·
Registered
32 Posts
Does anyone know the specs of the porsche that he raced? And does anyone know of any twin turbo packages for 05 GTO's? The only one I know of costs like 15k, but puts you in the mid 500 hp range with an 11 second 1/4 mile time. How is this compared to supercharging?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I just read through some of the posts. Some were positive and some were negative. Not much different from some of us when we post about Mustangs. In the long run, it arouses competition when two different makes and models meet. :D

·
Registered
212 Posts
Either way, the guy with the GTO was smoking his hair wanting to race a turbo 911. Sorry, the GTO is a fast car, but it's not going to touch a 911 Turbo, it's foolish to try and race a modded one unless the goat is packing as well.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
If you read on into the thread, most of them agree that the GTO is a very fast car for the money.

That is sort of a no brainer of a race though. I generally look past model type and look more into the "total investment" of the vehicle. That "generally" gives a better idea of the caliber of vehicle.

A modded Porsche(fill in the blank) will beat any stock car.

Not to mention they even said the GTO driver was not a car guy and "just got the car"

·
Registered
115 Posts
One night, I was watching the Travel Channel, which showed a modified Porsche 911, going 212 mph down the Autoban in Germany. I believe the car was modified by a company called Rue or something like that. :rofl:

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
BlueTiger said:
One night, I was watching the Travel Channel, which showed a modified Porsche 911, going 212 mph down the Autoban in Germany. I believe the car was modified by a company called Rue or something like that. :rofl:
The company is Ruf.

That would be the monster Porsche.

I find the Xenophobia in both camps hilarious- and a bit sad. I love my Holden, but I also have little doubt that I will someday own another BMW (or two- my wife loves them as well) someday.

They are great cars, and they sort of just get into your blood.

I'd love a Porsche someday as well. I've always told myself I'd own one someday, ever since I was little gearhead.

V

·
0 Posts
whats funny is they talk their sht... well I say let um talk sht... untill they pull up to the wrong GTO on the highway and the GTO turns out to be full blown race.. then they can eat it big time...

:agree Idiots will be idiots ... when you have a stock car everyone claims to beat you... when u max the limits of the cars mods with dyno and track proof everyone shuts the hello up .. HAHAHAHA :willy: :party:

PS.. not everyones as lucky enough to be a little spoiled brat and can ask mommy and daddy to buy cars...I would smoke that porshas a$$ if I had my 1001HP bugatti..in their sense it would be a fair race right?? ... LMFAO what wannabe racers..

B

·
0 Posts
Ive seen G Porsche's running high 9's and have YET to see a bugatti pull that off.

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
1/4 mile: 9.75 sec. @ 148+ mph

10 Fastest Production Cars Ever

Model Year Vehicle Top Speed (mph) Source

2005 Bugatti Veyron 16.4 253 Car and Driver
2005 Koenigsegg CCR 241 independent observer
1998 McLaren F1 240 independent observer
2003 Saleen S7 223 at 6500-rpm redline
2004 Ferrari Enzo 220 Auto Motor und Sport
1993 Jaguar XJ220 212 independent observer