Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a brand new Vintage Heat and air on my '65 Restored GTO and the air does not want to redirect itself to the lower vents under the dash. It is the old 2 lever system with the Vintage Air conversion kit.

I even drove it back to the guy who installed it in Florida when I just happened to be down there on an AACA tour and it worked fine.

The heat and air come out of the defroster vents just fine.

Does anybody think I have a bad switch that just works when it want to and needs to be replaced?

I need to tear the dash out anyway to replace a wiper switch that has gone bad and if I'm already in there do you think I should go ahead and replace the switch or is there something else going on here?

Thanks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The Vintage Airs that I have done have micro switchs on the case behind the glove box. The cables just move a lever that activates the switch and the dampers are electric motors. I have had to replace one of those switchs before. I woud check those first to see it they are working. The cable may not be moving far enough to make contct every time. might just need a adjustment.
And the headlight switch comes out real easy from under the dash without taking the instrument cluster out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts