Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure we all know the Dodge Vipers future has been in question since Dodge put the snake up for sale for $10 million. The highest bid was $5.5 million by Devon Motors.

News just came in that since the merge with Fiat, the Viper brand has officially been handed over to Fiat. Fiat owns Ferrari and Maserati, and see's the Viper as a competition. If they cannot sell the Viper brand, they will probably just kill the brand to destroy the competition. I actually like the Viper a lot, although I would never pay for one .... the fact is this is one of the most popular dream cars for some people, and now they might not have the chance to own one.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Thanks for the update. The Viper is an American Supercar and has a solid place in Auto history. Its a great alternative and competitor for the Vette. They certainly make a statement on the road so I hope they are still around for a long time.

·
Registered
44 Posts
With the current outlook, I cant see the Viper being viable. The fuel economy of a 500 hp V10 being what it is and the pressure that Bush and Obama have mandated it should come as no surprise. Still sucks though. I would love to own a blue Viper GTS with stripes, bad ass car and will always be remembered. 20 years from now they will be looked at just as the big block Cobras from the 60's are today.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With the current outlook, I cant see the Viper being viable. The fuel economy of a 600 hp V10 being what it is and the pressure that Bush and Obama have mandated it should come as no surprise. Still sucks though. I would love to own a blue Viper GTS with stripes, bad ass car and will always be remembered. 20 years from now they will be looked at just as the big block Cobras from the 60's are today.
There we go :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Fiat taking over the viper namesake is a joke. Fiat is one of the worst Europen car makers out there. Their cars are on the same level as Alfa Ramero.

I am by far not a mopar fan, but to see an American classic become a cheap Italian car would be horrible. I'd rather see the name just die and haev them become more of a collectors item.

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts