Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP! I wanted to avoid the dealer's ad sticker on the rear of my car but they got it on before I could make sure they didn't. How can I remove it without damaging paint??? I picked up the car in December, it's pretty cold here...

·
Registered
153 Posts
Congrats on an excellent choice in automobiles.

In answer to your question, most dealer logos are self adhesive. If it is vinyl (thin like paper), heat the area up with a hair dryer until it is warm enough that you cannot set your hand on it for more than a second, then pick at one corner and pull the decal off. Once removed, use "Goo Gone" or nail polish remover to remove any leftover adhesive.

If it is a hard plastic logo, heat it up the same way and use dental floss or fishing line to work underneath it and break the bond.

Remember that the paint on the car is easily scratched (more so when you heat it up) so be patient and don't use anything sharp to help pull the logo off :D .

BTW Pretty cold where????????

·
Registered
153 Posts
I had hoped you would realize that's what I meant with the "cold" question :D

BTW It was 70 here Wednesday, and its 23 out now. :cool

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, ok, I'm slow sometimes...

yeah, spring, fall & winter in 24 hours or less, who will win? The GTO of course!

·
Registered
11 Posts
You can also use either lighter fluid or a commercial Cleaner (NAPA autoparts sells) to take off the vinyl graphic or the residue/goo left from the double sided tape.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts